Friday, March 18, 2005

Baseball*


During the '94-'95 baseball strike I pledged not to go to another game. Players and owners alike had let me down and I didn't feel any of them deserved more of my money. Well, my little boycott hasn't exactly worked out, I've been to a few games.

But now comes the great steroid scandal. It's such a threat to the American way of life that Congress seems to think that global terrorism and the Social Security debate will have to wait. This is more important.

Now, I'm not so sure that it deserves all this congressional attention, but it doesn't do much for the way I feel about baseball. The game's image has never been the same since the strike ten years ago and cheating by so many big names mars its image further. Maybe this time I'll stay away for good.

No comments: