- The DJIA rose 597.04 points, 9.01%% to close Friday at 7223.98
- The Nasdaq Composite gained 137.65 points, 10.64% to finish the week at 1431.50
- The S & P 500 rose 73.17, 10.71% to 756.55
- The 10-Year Treasury yield rose 0.059 percentage points to 2.888%
- Crude oil rose $0.73, 1.60% to $46.25
The absence of profit taking on Friday should be taken as a good sign as investors continued to buy on four consecutive days after setting 12-year lows on Monday. Oil prices have firmed and are up 43% in the last four weeks indicating that the economic shock of the last several months might be wearing off. But there's still lots of bad economic news ahead.