- DJIA gained 17.61 or .16% to close the week at 11137.65. Not much to get excited about but at least it's the right direction.
- Nasdaq Composite gave up 12.91 or .55% and closed at 2326.11
- S&P 500 lost 6.38, .49% to close at 1289.12
- 10-year Treasury yield rose .088 percentage points and stands at 5.053%. First time above 5% in years.
- Oil gained another $1.93 to rise to 69.32/barrel. I broke the $50 mark on a fill-up this week with mid-grade at $3.09. Yippee.
This week they released a seasonal outlook warning us to expect higher gas prices this summer. While this might not seem like headline news, doesn't it pretty much give oil companies a green light to go ahead and start raising gas prices? Thanks a lot.
Perhaps the Energy Department should just keep its big gas flap shut.