- DJIA rose a health 171.14 points, 1.47% and closed Friday at 11,850.21. New records.
- Nasdaq Composite gained 41.56 points, 1.84% and finished off the week at 2299.99.
- S & P 500 was up 13.73 for the week, a 1.03% gain, and closed at 1349.58 Friday.
- 10-year Treasury yield increased 0.063 percentage points to 4.700%.
- Crude oil fell $3.15, 5.01% to $59.76.
The September jobs report was weak on the surface as new job creation was half the forecast. But the report also contained healthy upward revisions for the previous two months. The bond market paid more attention to the revisions and prices fell on Friday. It took the steam out of a nice rally in stocks as well.