- DJIA added 293.44 this week, 2.65% and closed Friday at 11,381.47.
- Nasdaq Composite gained 106.24 points, 5.16% to finish at 2163.95.
- S and P 500 was up 35.56, 2.81% and wrapped up the week at 1302.30
- 10-year Treasury yield dropped 0.132 percentage points to 4.843%.
- Crude oil fell $3.21, 4.32% and stood Friday at $71.14/barrel.
Thursday President Bush signed into law a long-awaited pension reform bill that impacts mostly defined-benefit plans, but also adds some interesting twists for IRAs and 401(k) plans. It's great blogging material if I only had the time...
Of course the really big news this week was the (bogus) confession made by John Mark Karr to the murder of JonBenet Ramsey. The news media was sure quick to give him his 15 minutes.